useful information divers and non divers
- On the island there are a doctor, a pharmacy, a retailer of tobacco products, a bakery, a bank (ATM), a post office.
- You will find grocery stores and various shops where you can buy excellent assortment of typical Sicilian products.
- The maximum height is reached at the Pizzo Falcone with its 686 meters.
- The island: area 12.3 sq km, 7.5 km long and 2.5 km wide.
- The movement of the car is practically nil.
Celebrations and events to report:March 19: Feast of St. Joseph patron of the country.
August 15: Parade of the oldest boat in the country with a procession in tow.
- For ferry times from Trapani to Marettimo visit the website of Liberty Lines.
- The climate is typically Mediterranean island. In August, temperatures reach 35 ° C.
- The Greeks called it Hiera, the “Holy” and in fact appears as an island consecrated high, steep and hermit. The current name comes from the thyme, plant very common on the island.
- Diving: just a wetsuit, but if you feel the cold rather a semi-dry
- 15 liter tanks in stainless steel with double strike
- Type of diving: fringed, dried, walls and caves
- Torch: recommended!
- Remember to bring the patent
- Is guaranteed an experienced dive guide every 5/6 divers
- All the dives spots are easily reached by a short and pleasant navigation
- Excellent visibility
- Special offers for groups and school
- The nearest hyperbaric center is located in Favignana